This page contains details of our website policies relating to privacy, cookies, child protection, our disclaimer and copyright information.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we treat your personal information.
Your personal information
When your child enrols at Bagshot Infant School we ask you to provide details about you and your child. We do not collect, sell, or otherwise distribute email addresses, telephone numbers or any other personal information. All discussions by email or phone are completely confidential unless we obtain written consent from you .
What information do we collect from our website?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your visits to and use of this website
- information that you provide to us for the purposes of responding to your enquiries such as via our contact form
Using your personal information
We may use information to:
- administer the website
- enable staff to login and update the website
- deal with enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceeding or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- to a court or authority that would reasonably order disclosure of that personal information
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You should be reminded that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Please contact the school for further information.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Jo Evans, Headteacher.
There are 4 different types of cookies which can be described as temporary or persistent according to how long the cookie is set for:
- Category 1: strictly necessary
- Category 2: to provide functionality
- Category 3: to improve performance
- Category 4: for online advertising
This website uses category 1 and 3 cookies.
Cookies Used on this Website
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Registered members who administer this website need a cookie to be able to log in. This is ‘strictly necessary’ as the system won’t work without it. These cookies are not used when people just visit the website.
We use Google Analytics which is a third party cookie to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on people’s computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of the website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt Out.
Our Cookie consent feature also uses a cookie so it can remember if you consented to accept cookies.
|Google Analytics _UTMA_UTMB_UTMC_UTMZ||3||1 year_session_session_6 months||Required for the Google Analytics user tracker|
|JsCookie warning 29||3||session||To remember your cookie preferences|
|PHPSESSID||1||session||To identify your unique sessions on the website|
|SESS||1||session||To ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within the site and that any information you have entered is remember|
|viewed-cookie-policy||3||session||To remember your cookie preferences|
|Website CMS – various||1 and 2||Ranges from session to 1 year||To allow authorised staff users to log in and edit the website using the Content Management System|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Options’, and un-checking ‘Accept cookies from sites’ in the ‘Privacy’ box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites and so some functions will not work if you disable them.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files – see instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835;
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you ‘clear’ private data (click on ‘Tools’, ‘Options’ and ‘Settings’ in the ‘Private Data’ box and then clicking ‘Clear private data’ in the ‘Tools’ menu.
Doing this may impair the usability of many websites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Child Protection Policy
We are committed to safeguarding all our children to ensure their privacy and safety is achieved. In so doing we adhere to the following guidelines:
- Photographs and videos that include pupils will be selected carefully in line with school policy.
- Written permission from parents or carers will be obtained before photographs and videos of pupils are published on the school website.
- If photos are named only first names are given.
- No other private information about pupils is published on our website (e.g. contact details)
- Parents should be clearly informed of the school policy on video and image taking and publishing, both on school and independent electronic repositories.
This site has been developed to work with all browsers on all platforms and be accessible to and usable to all visitors.
This site has been programmed in standards-compliant XHTML and includes the option to skip navigation links to help those using assistive technologies.
Search Facility and Sitemap
A search facility and sitemap is available to find content more easily on the site.
The site has alternative stylesheets (or viewing themes) so you can switch between standard, high contrast and plain text versions of the site to suit your own preferences.
We have attempted to create a logical tab sequence throughout our pages to allow for easier navigation.
This site does not use frames.
All content images used in this site include descriptive alt attributes.
Where appropriate, links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail.
This disclaimer governs the use of our website, by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use this website.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we own the intellectual property rights in the website and materials on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
- You must not republish from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system
- You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
Limitation of liability
The information on this website is provided free of charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy, nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up to date.
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including text, computer code, photographs, images, music and audio materials, and audio visual material on this website) is owned by us and our licensors.
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser
- copy and store this website and material on this website in your website cache and memory
- print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use
We do not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words all other rights are reserved.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials that is owned by us on this website by writing to us at our address: Bagshot Infant School, School Lane, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5BP. You may not use content that is owned by our Licensors.
Enforcement of copyright
We take the protection of copyright very seriously.
If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the licence above, we may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using the materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any of our copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the licence above, please report it to us via the contact form or by post.
If you become aware of any material on our website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this via our contact form or by post.
Law and jurisdiction
These policies will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes relating to these policies will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
We may update these policies from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
Jo Evans, Headteacher. Bagshot Infant School, School Lane, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5BP.
Telephone: +44(0)1276 473385 or complete the contact form on our website.
These Website Policies were adapted from several SEQ Legal templates.
The site was created by Rob Wassell of RAW Web Design and Helen Connolly.
It’s content was written by Lois Dabrowski.
The school logo was created by Kevin Bennett.
WordPress managed hosting provided by Buzz Solutions.