Our ethos and aims haven’t changed over the years. We believe that our role is to:
- Educate the children to their full potential;
- Enable them to become independent and enthusiastic learners and thinkers;
- Enrich their learning with broad opportunities and experiences;
- and to encourage Enjoyment of everything they do.
We do this by:
- Ensuring a happy, safe and secure environment
- Creating a stimulating and challenging learning environment
- Providing opportunities which help the children discover an enthusiasm and joy for learning and discovery
- Fostering a community where respect is highly valued
- Developing each child’s physical, moral, social, creative and intellectual potential
- Promoting a partnership between home, school and the community
- Valuing children and developing in them self-discipline, self-confidence, self-respect and self-esteem.
Our five core values act as threads woven through everything we do.
Respect, Kindness, Pride, Collaboration and Motivation.
You can see these values in the everyday behaviour of our staff, our governors and our children.
Bagshot Infant School recognises its responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children under Section 175 of the 2002 Education Act and under the Children Act 2004 and the DfE guidance Working Together to Safeguard Children 2016.
This includes checking the suitability of all staff and volunteers; ensuring that we have effective procedures for identifying and managing all issues likely to cause significant harm to children; ensuring a safe environment in which our pupils can learn and develop; enabling our pupils to acquire the relevant knowledge and information; and working with other agencies as appropriate. Further information can be found in our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy