The Willow group is a place for children to have the opportunity to grow in confidence and become engaged, successful learners in their classrooms and the school community.
Our Nurture Group is a small class of four – six pupils. The children are carefully brought together to ensure a balanced and functional group. The Nurture Group continues the ethos of an already nurturing environment within Bagshot Infant School and provides inclusion for all children promoting Personal, Social & Health Education. Children are supported within The Willow Group to improve their emotional well-being, self-esteem and have a sense of belonging to the school community. We provide a structured routine with clear boundaries so the children feel safe and secure. Our Nurture Group is a place of learning.
We follow the six principles of the Nurture Network.
The Nurture Group Principles:
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally (stage not age)
- The classroom/school offers a safe base
- Nurture is important for the development of self-esteem
- Language is understood as a vital means of communication
- All behaviour is communication
- Transitions are significant in the lives of children